Saturday, January 2, 2010
Realizations and Resolutions
In the 2009, I was focused a lot on satisfying my wants. I had the financial means to, so why not right? Wrong...I realized that the happiest moment in 2009 had nothing to do with material wants. It was the day I married my beautiful wife. Although you could argue that the cost of it was out-of-control, I would say to you that if I was to marry her in my parent's backyard, ordered take-out and listened to iPod tunes, I would have been equally as content. I think that balancing needs with wants is something that I struggle with, but this one of the values I want to instill in my son...Everything that glitters ain't always gold...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

Almost always my best memories seem to be times where I was financially or otherwise struggling. Life is truly a journey, not a destination.
ReplyDeleteFunny thing about material wants, they seldom live up to your expectations. They end up collecting dust in a corner somewhere.
How true...and couple that with having good health...that's also something money cannot buy.
ReplyDelete